So we’re moving into yet another new year. Lot’s of people (me included) have been noting how this has been a tough year. But before it slips into the rearview mirror I want to take a moment to appreciate these past twelve months. They’ve been hard to be sure, but also really, really rich.
Here’s my toast to 2016 — I thank you for …
- All the incredible growth and learning that came from the big challenges
- The forced Reinvention that’s broadening my self-identity
- The beautiful softening that comes with humility
- Those moments when I felt so overwhelmed and broken that I stopped trying to plan, work, force and just gave in, got present and really saw the beauty right there in that moment
- My incredible true friends and Beloved John who stuck with me and offered love and support
- My Resiliency Muscles and the new appreciation I have for how the hard times in the past prepared me for these recent unprecedented challenges
For me 2016 sure wasn’t easy but it was uniquely beautiful, I think of it as a gift wrapped in barbed wire.
I would love to know what you were grateful for in 2016. What were the unexpected and unasked for gifts wrapped in barbed wire that showed up just for you? To what do you toast the year just passing?
Cylvia Hayes #cylviahayes #resiliencymuscles
Love this post? Please share it on Facebook. Thank you!